Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Quinoa with Cilantro Yogurt Sauce


Since this is my first night back in town, I decided to have a dinner without spending $30 (a feat that is practically impossible in Oahu). Considering that I also indulged quite a bit, I need to treat my body to some good old fashioned whole grains and veggies. (Sadly, I'm still craving the grasshopper.)

Sauce:

1 large bunch of cilantro
1/2 cup soy sauce (try for low sodium)
1/4 cup pear vinegar (odd, but strangely works well)
1/2 onion
1 1/2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

In a food processor, combine all the ingredients until smooth.

Quinoa:

1 cup quinoa, cooked (boil in two cups water until all fluid is gone)
2 medium carrot, peeled
2 celery stalks
1 clove garlic
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon parsley
1 large egg

Place the quinoa in a medium bowl to cool. Meanwhile, in the food processor, combine the carrot, celery, and garlic. Then add the mixture to the bowl. Add the salt, parsley, and egg. Combine well.

Using your hands, form patties (about 3-4 inches in diameter) and cook in a large pan for about 4 minutes on each side. Remove to plate and top with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment