Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chicken and Potatoes


For lunch today, I went out with a friend and for the soup of the day, they had rosemary chicken soup. I didn't get it (I was craving their breakfast wrap...thank goodness for places that serve breakfast all day), but it got me wanting some comfort food. One of my favorite dishes my dad would make us was lemon chicken with roasted potatoes.

Chicken breasts (1 for each person)
Half lemon, sliced
5 garlic cloves (leave whole)
Potatoes, cut into wedges

In a glass baking dish, place the lemon slices on the bottom of the dish. Place the chicken on top of the lemon. Then add the garlic and potatoes around the chicken. Add about 1/2 cup water to the pan and back at 375 for about 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are soft (test by piercing with a fork).

1 comment:

  1. I love lemony chicken as well. I add more water so the potatoes become real soft.

    ReplyDelete