Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting

My friend Brianna gave me a recipe for Nutella frosting recently. Since that time, I have been obsessing thinking about when I could make them. I went to her house last night for dinner and I pounced on the opportunity to make cupcakes with them. I did use a chocolate-hazelnut spread, as opposed to Nutella...what can I say, I'm cheap. But, it works just the same.


Cupcakes:

3 egg whites
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons vanilla (it is vanilla cupcakes after all!)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 tablespoons milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan (makes 6 cupcakes).

In a medium bowl, combine the egg whites and sugar. Whisk well. Add the vanilla and butter. Add the dry ingredients. Add the milk and pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Frosting:

1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup Nutella, or other chocolate hazelnut spread, softened
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup of milk

In a large bowl, combing the cream cheese, Nutella, butter, and vanilla together. Add the powdered sugar and milk. Add more milk/powdered sugar to get to your desired consistency. Frost the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment