Sunday, March 4, 2012

Jambalaya

 This evening, I spent it at my friends' house watching The Walking Dead. I am not a fan of scary movies, shows, and whatnot, but this show has me addicted. Unfortunately, this also means that I am in for a nightmare sometime this week. Goody. But, I digress. In honor of Chris' birthday this week, I made jambalaya and a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake (post to come shortly). It completely slipped my mind to take a photo, so sorry for the lack thereof!

1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 small onion, sliced
2 chicken breasts, skinless, in 1 inch strips
2 links smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
4 tomatoes, chopped (with juice)
2 cups water
1 package jambalaya rice mix
1/2 small jalapeno (optional)

In a large crock pot, place the bell peppers and onion. Top with the chicken and turkey. Then place the tomatoes on top. Add the jalapeno if wanted. Add the water and cook on low for 5 hours. Then add the rice and mix well. Cook for another hour and serve while warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment