Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cheesecake Filled Strawberry Cupcakes

One year ago, my best friend gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl ever! Camille is such a sweetheart and to celebrate, her mom made these wonderful cupcakes. And wow, sugar rush! Camille practically inhaled them. Think she liked it! Surprisingly she actually managed to get about 95% of it in her mouth as opposed to on her. :-)



Cupcakes:

1 strawberry cake mix
2/3 cups yogurt or sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
2 eggs

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Fill prepared cupcake tins 3/4 of the way full.

Filling:

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
6 ounces vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup granulated sugar

In a medium bowl, cream with cream cheese, yogurt and sugar together until smooth.

Drop a large tablespoon of the filling in the middle of each of the cupcake batter. (Do not push down.)

Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Meanwhile, prepare the frosting

Frosting:

8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup strawberry preserves
1 cup powdered sugar

In a large bowl, mix with an electric mixer, the cream cheese and preserves. Add the sugar in batches and cream until smooth. Top the cooled cupcakes.

1 comment:

  1. These are really lovely and I'm sure they are as tasty as they are beautiful. I'm new to your blog so I spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete