Saturday, March 24, 2012

Smoky Popcorn

The most recent Food & Wine magazine is particularly good in my opinion. Several recipes I would actually make! There are so many times in those types of magazines that I see these great recipes, but probably wouldn't ever make them (even if they are pretty to look at). This recipe is one that I have modified slightly. The original called for seasoned fish salt things and I'm not the biggest fan of fish in my popcorn...okay, so I've never tried it, but it sounded a little too far out of my comfort zone. So, this is the Food & Wine's smoky popcorn...with modifications.


¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons popping corn
1 teaspoon smoked hot Spanish paprika
½ tablespoon sugar
2 pinches of salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and kept warm

In large saucepan, combine the oil and corn. Cover and cook over medium heat until it starts to pop. Shake pan and cook until the popping stops.

Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with paprika, sugar, and salt. Drizzle with butter and toss. Season with salt and toss again.

No comments:

Post a Comment