Tuesday, January 24, 2012

#10 Read one book each month for fun

This month, I read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns) by Mindy Kaling. I have to say this was the PERFECT choice for January reading. One, it was a fast read (took me only a few nights, mainly because I didn't want to put it down). Two, it had me literally laughing out loud. For once if I were to use "lol", it's actually be true. She puts down to paper the same things we all think about during awkward situations, or at least what we all think 30 minutes after the fact since we're rehashing the event to perfect our what would have been witty comeback. Even during difficult times in her life, she still manages to put a smile on my face, all while having my sympathy. While books like Chelsea Handler's are funny, this one is hilarious and much more relatable. I now want to be Mindy Kaling's friend. My only complaint is the book read SO quickly that I feel like other books I pick up are going to be dull and boring in comparison. Tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment