Sunday, October 30, 2011

Zucchini with Poached Quail Eggs

While I was at Whole Foods this afternoon, I came across quail eggs.  I have seen quail eggs many times before, but have never tried them.  With my dad's help (who has eaten them many times), we created the recipe below.



1 zucchini
1 1/2 teaspoon  mayonnaise
1 lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper
Quail eggs (I used three, but wish I made more!)

Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini thinly.  Then slice them into thin strips.  Set in a bowl and using about 1 teaspoon of lemon, toss.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

In another small bowl, combine the rest of the lemon, mayonnaise, and a little more salt and pepper (little!). 

Once the zucchini has sat in the lemon juice for about five minutes, arrange on a plate.  Add the poached quail eggs to the middle.  Top with the dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment