Sunday, June 12, 2011

Quinoa and Garbanzo Beans



I am attempting to be better at eating things that have been in my cupboard for a while...you know the ridiculous amount of rice I decided to buy in bulk and have been trying to eat for a year. I have a bunch of quinoa so that was first (I'm tired of rice). I was quite pleased with this especially since it was great as lunch of the next day (zap in the microwave for about 45 seconds)! It's not often when the leftovers are better than the original! (I'm not one of those people who LOVE leftovers. I get instantly bored with it.)

1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained
1 tomato, chopped (with the juices)
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped parsley

Lightly saute the garbanzo beans until warm (about five minutes) and combine with the quinoa.

In a separate small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper, and parsley.

Add the dressing to the garbanzo beans and quinoa and mix lightly. Serve while warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment