Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pasta with Tomatoes and Zucchini



I have been in a slump lately. Slump...ha! Lazy is a more accurate description. I've been working at such a hectic pace that I just burned out. With the new year, I'm trying to get motivated again and this past weekend was productive. Billed a full day's work on Saturday, finally went to church (Unitarian Universalist) and even stayed for a meeting after the service. I also spent way too much time and money in Whole Foods. Man, that place gets me every time. It gets me excited to try new things. Hopefully, it will help me to get more motivated with cooking too!

Spaghetti
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional, but adds lots of good nutrients)


Heat a large pot of water and cook the spaghetti until al dente. Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, saute the oil, garlic, and tomato for about 2 minutes. Then add to a large bowl. Then saute the sliced zucchini for about 3-4 minutes. Add the zucchini, parsley, basil, salt, and nutritional yeast to the bowl. Combine well. Toss with the cooked spaghetti and serve while still hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment