Sunday, October 17, 2010

Green Beans and Potatoes


I discovered this recipe when I was trying to use up the rest of my green beans before they spoiled. Pretty much all the fresh food I had left in my fridge and pantry were green beans and potatoes (I didn't feel like grocery shopping). This is what came out of it.

8 small yukon gold potatoes, quartered
About two handfulls of green beans, trimmed and broken into two inch pieces

3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
parsely (I didn't have fresh so I used dried)
salt (if needed to season to taste)

Boil one large and one small pot of water. In the large, put the potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes until soft. In the small, place the green beans and cook for 5-6 minutes, tender, but still crisp.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the shallot, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, and parsley. I used about 1 tablespoon, but season to taste. Once the potatoes and green beans are cooked, mix with the dressing in a large bowl. Add salt as needed for taste. Enjoy while still hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment