Friday, October 1, 2010

Banana Bread


The last couple of days, it has pretty much done nothing but rain. A lot. And some more. The temperature dropped too. It feels like it should be winter to me. Well, Phoenix winter. I was shivering all day too. So, I got in the mood for some good spices to fill my home. The recipe I used below did just the trick. I may have thrown in a bit more freshly ground cinnamon and all-spice than what was called for.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 all-spice and/or nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 beaten eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil

1. Grease loaf pan and preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl combine eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil. Add this to the flour mixture. Mix until just moistened.
4. Spoon mixture into pan and back for about 45 minutes, until golden brown. Test with a toothpick and remove from oven when it comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment