Sunday, November 1, 2015

Slow Cooker Beef with Cucumber Mint Sauce

Yesterday, I feel like I was incredibly not productive. I had grandiose plans of going to the gym, cleaning house, getting work done...none of that happened. I did; however, go to the grocery store. I spent way too much money (shocker). When I got home, I did lots of meal prep to get me through the week. This is a great freezer meal. If you do decide to freeze this, combine the ingredients in a freezer safe bag PRIOR to cooking. Then when you want to cook it, allow to defrost for several hours in the fridge. Then add the whole bag to the slow cooker.


2 pounds beef roast
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1 tsp if you like spicy!)
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 small onion, chopped
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
15 ounces petite diced tomatoes (canned)

Place the beef in the slow cooker first, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low heat for about 4 hours (less/more depending on your slow cooker's cooking speed).

When ready to serve, slice the meat. Serve with flatbread or pita bread. Top with sauce (recipe to follow).

Sauce:
1/2 cup Plain yogurt
1 cucumber, peeled, diced
6-8 fresh mint leaves, chopped

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment