Sunday, June 29, 2014

Tilapia and Brussels Sprouts with Champagne Vinaigrette

Since I'm attempting to save money, I'm going through my freezer. You know, the stuff that's been in there for a little bit, but always seem to not be in the mood for? Yup. For me, tonight, it was tilapia. I am not the biggest fan of fish. Basically, if it tastes like fish, count me out. Even tilapia tastes fishy. I'm trying to broaden my horizons. I figured if I cover it with lots of vinaigrette, it'll hide any fishy taste. And thankfully, I was right!!! I served it with a Brussels Sprouts Salad, mirroring some of the ingredients as the vinaigrette, so they compliment each other nicely.



Tilapia Vinaigrette
1 tablespoon dry white wine
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon capers, drained
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon agave honey
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat a toaster oven (a conventional oven may be used as well) to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk the ingredients together. On a small baking dish (I used a toaster oven), place the tilapia. Top with some vinaigrette, reserving two tablespoons. Bake about 12-15 minutes. Remove and then top with more vinaigrette.

Brussels Sprouts Salad
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon agave honey
1-2 tablespoon champagne vinegar
1/4 wedge lime juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Brussels Sprouts, raw, leaves only

Mix all ingredients, except the sprouts and cheese, together in a small bowl. Plate the Brussels Sprouts. Then drizzle the Brussels Sprouts lightly with the dressing. Top with shaved pecorino.

No comments:

Post a Comment