Sunday, August 12, 2012

Grilled Potato and Goat Cheese Napoleon

Hello everyone! Sorry for my absence. The last month has been a worldwind of changes. I moved across country and changed jobs. I have moved into my new place and have gone to the grocery store numerous times over the last few days and I finally feel like I've got my necessities. Now to test out that oven to make sure it's working. Cupcakes??

4 Yukon potatoes
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 large clove garlic
2 teaspoons yellow mustard (may sub Dijon mustard)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Black pepper and sea salt
3 ounces goat cheese

In a small sauce pan, boil the potatoes until just soft, but not falling apart.

Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the balsamic vinegar, garlic, mustard, basil leaves, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Season with pepper and salt to taste.

When the potatoes are done, remove from water and slice about 1/4 -1/2 inch thick. Discard the rounded ends. Place on a grill pan heated over medium heat. Cook on each side until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan.

Take one slice and top with a small amount of goat cheese. Top with another slice, top that with goat cheese and another slice of potato. Repeat with all the potatoes, stacking three slices high. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment