Sunday, April 8, 2012

Brownie Cake with Berries

This birthday cake has a long tradition in my household. I made it first with my friend Carmen about five years ago for my birthday. I have had it every single year for my birthday since. Coincidentally, today is Carmen's birthday too! Now before I start getting happy birthday wishes, it is not my birthday, but it was one of my co-worker's birthday. Since she got to sample my birthday cake from last year, she request the same for hers.




1 package brownie mix
16 ounces sour cream
2 cups thawed cool whip topping
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups chopped fruit, berries (I used blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 inch round cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.

Prepare brownie batter as directed. Stir in ½ cup sour cream. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes, cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.

Mix remaining sour cream, cool whip, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Cut brownie horizontally in half. Stack layers on plate, filling with half the sour cream mixture and about half the fruit. Top with remaining sour cream mixture and fruit.




No comments:

Post a Comment