Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

Last night I was craving breakfast for dinner. Unfortunately, I really really wanted pancakes, but I ran out of eggs. Right after the gym this morning, I went to the store and bought a dozen eggs to satisfy my pankcake craving from last night. I kept this pretty healthy (with the exception of the 1 tablespoon sugar...which may be substituted with honey).



3/4 cup oatmeal
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
2 egg whites
1/4 cup raw pumpkin
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk

In a food processor, pulse the oatmeal until it becomes more of a flour. Add to a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and combine well.

Heat a large skillet under medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and spoon the batter onto the pan. Once set (about 2 minutes), flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.  Serve while warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment