Sunday, August 7, 2011

Slow Cooker Cheese Enchiladas

Last month I made cheese enchiladas. Totally hooked (not a surprise since I've loved them FOREVER!). I got the idea to do cheese enchilads in a slow cooker. I'm trying to actually use my slow cooker other than just during the winter time. And since classes will be starting up soon and my schedule will once again be insane, it would be nice to have easy meals ready to go. Not to mention that I, along with every other person, is trying to save money. So, limiting the eating out if at all possible. (I am determined to get credit card debt free in just under two years...it will be a birthday present to me. Ha! I spoil myself.) Anywho, this is my attempt at a cheese enchilada casserole.


Shredded cheese (I used Trader Joe's shredded soy cheese)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 onion, chopped
1 package corn tortillas
1 bottle enchilada sauce (again, I love Trader Joe's)

Coat the bottom of the slow cooker with enchilada sauce and then layer in the following order:

Tortillas, green pepper and onion, beans, cheese, sauce, tortillas....

Cook on high for 2 hours and then lower the heat to low and cook for another 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment