Monday, August 8, 2011

"Grilled" Veggies


Recently my father gave me a grill skillet (let's say it was a 4th of July present...On a side note, I think everyone should celebrate America by giving cookware to each other). I finally busted it out tonight for dinner. I got all different types of veggies and did what other apartment dwellers do. Pretend I have a home with a backyard and in that yard a grill. I marinated the veggies in baggies and everything. Very exciting for me! Yes, it may say something considering I find using new cookware the highlight of my week. :-)

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 heaping teaspoons honey (I used raw blossom honey)
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons balsalmic vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 garlic clove minced
Assorted veggies (I used carrots, green and red bell peppers, red onions, asparagus, Japanese eggplant, and zucchini), chopped in large pieces

Combine all the ingredients together in ziplock baggies. Close well and make sure the marinade coats the veggies well. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. Then over medium to high heat, cook the veggies on a grill skillet for a few minutes on each side. Serve while hot.

2 comments:

  1. we gave our bbq to my in-laws when we moved from our house to our apartment...and i miss it...but do have a grill pan! These look perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, LOve, LOVe, LOVE grill vegetables. This is a regular item in our diet! Can never get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete