Sunday, May 1, 2011

Potato, Onion, and Thyme Frittata




Last weekend when my father was in town visiting, he gave me a new pan (he shares my love of cooking). This pan is quite fun since it is a cheft toss, meaning the side opposite of the handle is deeper than the other side. This makes it super easy to toss veggies and whatnot. With it being Sunday morning and I was actually home with time to cook a decent breakfast, I decided I needed to cook something I could toss and use up some of the fresh eggs I got at the farmers market yesterday. A frittata was what followed. Quite yummy if I may say so myself!

2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, sliced thinly
3 small dutch potatoes, chopped small
Salt and pepper
4 eggs, scrambled
2 tablespoons thyme

Boil the chopped potatoes in water for about 7 minutes until they are very soft. Drain.

Preheat the oven under broil.

Heat your awesome pan over medium-high heat and cook 1 tablespoon oil and onions a few minutes until they soften (do not allow to brown). Add the potatoes and cook until lightly browned (about another five minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, scramble the eggs and add in the thyme. Add the potato and onion mixture to the bowl and combine.

Add the rest of the oil to the pan and heat under medium heat. Add the egg and potato mixture to the pan. Cook until the edges are set.

Then place the pan (make sure it's oven safe) into the oven and broil until the top is set. Do not allow to brown or burn. This takes about 3-4 minutes.

I garnished it with some chives. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment