Sunday, March 20, 2011

Devilled Eggs




My friend Carrie has the absolute best devilled egg recipe. Every since she gave me the recipe a couple of years ago, I have made these about once a week. I may have a problem.

6 eggs, hardboiled and cooled to room temperature
2 tablespoons mayo
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 capfulls vinegar
salt to taste

Slice the eggs in half and spoon the yolks into a bowl. Add the mayo, hot sauce, vinegar, and salt. Combine well, until smooth. Scoop back into the egg halves and serve. (I added a caper to each one for extra flavor.)

2 comments:

  1. YES!!!!! i love devilled eggs! Strage thing...the Brits don't do them...weird eh?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm sure I made up that recipe on the spot, since I always just eyeball it. No mustard, though? I usually (but not always) put in some mustard. Ooh, and it looks like you added a sprinkle of paprika over the top? Classic deviled egg!

    ReplyDelete