Sunday, October 9, 2016

Rainbow Trout with Garlic, Lemon, and Herb Sauce

My fiancé has encouraged me to post on this blog again. I have neglected it for way too long. Besides, I think he just likes me cooking new things for him (not a bad thing at all!). It is well known among my loved ones that I do not like fish. I have discovered that I do like certain ones (like three of them). Rainbow trout is one of those. I served it with sautéed green beans and purple cauliflower with a goat cheese sauce.


2 filets of rainbow trout (skin on)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon each of thyme, oregano, parsley
3 large garlic cloves, diced
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine
3 tablespoons softened butter

Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, and white wine. Place each filet onto a large piece of aluminum foil. Top each with a generous amount of the olive oil mixture. Add one tablespoon of butter on top of each filet and folder the foil, sealing all edges. Cook the filets for about 5-7 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment