Monday, February 11, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken Curry

In an effort to reduce my spending, I have dug through my freezer and my canned goods stock and discovered that I have what I need for curry! I go through waves with curry. Normally I don't crave curry, but then I have a taste of it and I must have it constantly for weeks. Since I'm doing a huge slow cooker worth, I will have plenty for lots of lunches this week.





4 skinless chicken breasts, cubed in 1 inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tablespoons curry powder
2 tablespoons freshly ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup whipping cream
3 bay leaves

In a large slow cooker, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, and spices. Toss well so that all pieces of chicken and onion are coated with curry. Add in the beans, tomatoes, broth, and cream. Cook on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with saffron rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment