Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chickpeas with Tomatoes and Rosemary



I am quite impressed with myself today. I sat down and made a menu plan for the week. AND THEN I went grocery shopping based on that menu plan. Man, I'm good. Actually, last week was kind of insane and ate out way too often.


2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves minced
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (less or more depending on your taste)
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon parsely
Salt to taste

In a medium saucepan, combine the olive oil and garlic. Cook for about a minute, do not let the garlic get too brown. Then add the rosemary and pepper. Cook for another minute, then add the tomatoes and salt. Simmer for about five minutes. Add the chickpeas and parsely. Cook for about five minutes and add salt to taste. Serve with saffron rice (yummy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment