Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mmmmm Cookies


This has been quite a bipolar week. I've been going a thousand miles a minute and then crashing. Work even has been constantly super busy then super slow. But in true holiday style, once I got home, I started baking away (cookies are fantastic for dinner by the way). But, as one of my co-workers pointed out, I play a modern woman by day and a 50s housewife by night. Okay, so 50s housewife minus the actual house (live in an apartment) and wife minus the whole being single thing. So, here's a cookie sandwich thingie that was quite the hit at the office. Goes really well with green tea for breakfast (oh, yeah, cookies for breakfast are good too).

Maple Sandwiches

2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons maple syrup

In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.

In a large bowl, beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter together. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Form into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. (Since I'm completely impatient, I did threw in it the freezer for about 45 minutes.)

While it is "freezing", in a bowl, combine the 8 tablespoons butter, softened, 2 cup confectioners sugar, and 5 tablespoons maple syrup. Set aside.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Taking the dough, roll out in about half an inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out the dough and place a greased cookie sheet. (They spread slightly.) Cook for about 8 minutes until lightly browned.

Cool completely on a rack. The spread the cream mixture on one side of a cookie and make a sandwich. (This was an awkward sentence trying to figure out how to explain how to make a sandwich. I suddenly feel like I am back in French class and I have to describe how to make a PB&J sandwich. Seriously. I got a B+.)

No comments:

Post a Comment